Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Grismore Project, Part I

On Saturday, Todd's brother-in-law and his wife cashed in their Organizing Gift Card.  I have a hard time buying them presents, so last Christmas I gave them a four hour organizing gift.  They have a lot of projects in their house, but their primary focus was their office.  It's where the spend a big bulk of their time, and they needed it less chaotic and more functional.

There was the closet:


The desk:


And the cords, my gawd the cords:




It took a mere five hours to whip that office into shape.



The cords were widdled down so that they all fit into that one blue bin.  Success!

The coupon was for only four hours, but there's more I want to do there!  They still have boxes in their garage from when Ann moved in, and the bedroom closet needs some structure, and they still have wedding gifts from last year they need to incorporate into their kitchen!

How can I just ignore that?!
I told them I would be back.  Soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny. It *is* more fun to organize for friends, but really, you might just consider:

http://seattlenapo.com/default.aspx

Happy organizing!
Sharon

Lucy Leadskin said...

Great job! (And I do the same thing, too - organize friends more than I organize myself sometimes. :) )

And what's "widdle"? Is that when you cuddle while you whittle down stuff?

xo!

bethspa said...

I have a box of cords like that in my garage. It's been moved from 3 houses. I have nightmares about it. I think, pretty soon, it's going to meet with "an accident."